13.3.05

hyperventilation. whew...

march 11, friday.
i was nearing the doors when i took a last glance at the inaccurate clock.
6:45. i was smiling.
thirty minutes later i faced the school gate.
looking through the bars i saw the hand clocks: six-forty-five.
oh boy. it's all working now.
i took my hankerchief and wiped it on my face.
i felt cold. didn't know why........
for all of you to know, i haven't been late for four straight days.
yes, four straight days.
and i owe it all to the maladusted wall clock above our bookshelf - adjusted half an hour advanced to real time.
when i reached the classroom, i quickly sat down and copied notes.
studious, ehh?? no. transformed, more likely.
change is the only permanent thing in this world.
i remember my dad's remark about nine months ago:
"gabriel, pakatandaan mo, ang third year, transition period yan, mentally and physically...
...kaya kumain ka nga?!"
well, believe it or not, i've gained twenty pounds since that statement. weird.
but - some things change for the worse.
"gab, ang taray mo na ha!"
"gab! miss na kita! bumisita ka nman dito!"
"hmmp. di ka na namamansin."
- just to mention a few.
um, call me introverted nowadays, i'll take it wholly.
and please accept my apologies.
anyway, sometime before midday i had an internal bout of asthma (which luckily no one noticed...) which would contribute to my later woes...
"gab, please read and answer number five."
i was startled with what i heard.
"yes, i know you're about to go to never-never land......"
so i was falling asleep. i had no idea.
someone touched my hand -
"gab, nanlalamig ka.."
after that, a quiz - i flunked, of course.
but that didn't matter for the moment.
though i really needed a rest.
the next day, my back was flat on the mattress.
grabbing my cellphone, i realized that it was ten o'clock.
i heard a loud voice downstairs. my mom.
"pag nagising si gab, sabihin nyo magpahinga pa siya..."
i sat up. by my side i saw a thermometer.
then i gently touched my forehead.
man, you're scorching hot.
knowing everything's out of control for that time, i lay back again and hid in my blankets.
so much for a day. there's your needed rest, boy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ay Gab. Nagkasakit ka? :)

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oi..

kumakain ka ba nang regular?

ingatan mo nga sarili mo!

yokong nagkakaganyan ka..

eto bagay na quote sayo..

"i try my best to be gentle on you, especially in words. and since i care for you so much, TANGINA! MAG-IINGAT KA LAGEH, HA?! WAG KANG TATANGA-TANGA,YOKONG NAGKAKSAKIT KA EH!! OKEY?Ü"

ayos?!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home