31.3.05

a pain in my neck

"gabriel! ten laps, lahat ng strokes!"
i woke up to the stifled shoutings of my father.
he was outraged at the fact that i was just sleeping during the family reunion.
i had my reasons, however;
the other night i was black and blue all over the bed.
an irregular insomnia attack.
so i had to sleep; unfortunately i was not given my chance.
battling fatigue, i staggered to the shower room and gave in to the water.
a minute later i dived in the pool.
rising up, the rays of the sun aimed at my eyes.
that was when i realized that it was only about noontime.
for about fifteen minutes i continued my routine, going here, going back...
until i kicked at the wall awkwardly;
i screeched to a startling halt.
apparently, my father was sleeping this time around.
so i decided to stop the laps; i was almost finished, anyway.
--
monday morning.
a bright day. wonderful, looking for a great start.
yet i didn't get my wish.
facing the mirror (and to my disgust) there was a red blotch extending from one cheek to the other.
it's not the Mortel this time, however;
it was sunburn.
one thing's funny, though - it did not sear in pain... the way it was supposed to be. (thank God...)
but that was not the thing clearly seen.
and so i went to school.. all red.
red. mind you, i was bothered all day long by their taunts ang gibes...
yet, generally it was a nice day.... quiet, say.
[i'm sorry, mind's in a state of blankness.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home